Forum

Lynette Wilson, Publisher, Co-Founder and Assistant Web Designer  

RSS

(@admin)
Trusted Member Admin
15/07/2018 3:44 pm  

[Image: me2.jpg]
Lynette Slaman Garcia grew up in the small Wisconsin town of Boscobel, home of the Gideon Bible. There she enjoyed many of the outdoor sports that Wisconsin had to offer, with exception to swatting mosquitoes.  Lynette was a solo classical clarinetist, played baritone and tenor saxophone and loved to sing.  She enjoyed playing basketball, softball and running in track while in high school.  After attending college at the University of Wisconsin, Madison and Platteville, she moved to sunny California.  There she met and married Fernando Garcia and they had two children.  While the children were still young, Fernando passed away due to brain cancer.  Lynette remarried years later to Roger and enjoys being  step-mother to her step-daughter.   Lynette furthered her education in Small Business Manager and Bookkeeping. She worked in the automotive industry for 12 years as a Business Development Center Director, Toyota Master Certified Customer Relations Manager and Certified Nissan Fleet Manager. She eventually returned to college and became a Certified Licensed Vocational Nurse. Suffering a spinal injury while assisting a patient, she retired from work. Lynette became a Baha’i in 1989 and has served in various elected and appointed positions.  Some of her teaching efforts included maintaining a volunteered position as Baha’i Representative at California State University-Long Beach (Interfaith Center) on behalf of the local Baha’i community for several years, developing and coordinating ongoing educational and social panel discussions highlighting a Baha’i perspective, and serving as a trained facilitator for the Regional Teaching Institute

ReplyQuote
Share:
Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On Instagram

Working

Please Login or Register